It is necessary to have full range of motion and dexterity in all extremity to practice as a massage therapist. Massage therapists must also be emotionally mature enough to perform massage therapy. Applicants to INT must be physically capable of executing the techniques and modalities, be emotionally mature, have attained 18 years of age, and have a high school diploma or GED.
Please enclose the following in your application packet – all of these are necessary to complete your enrollment process:
- $25.00 non-refundable application fee and application from this catalog
- Black and white copy of your driver’s license, state ID, or passport
- A note from a prescription pad or on letterhead from your physician stating that you have been seen by your doctor, you appear to be free from contagious disease, and in you are in good physical health allowing you to give and receive massage therapy. A note is sufficient. You do not need to be tested for anything, receive a physical, or submit exam results.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation addressed to the school, signed, and dated recently. These cannot be from spouses or family members.
- Copy of high school diploma or college transcript (If still in high school a current copy of transcript or report card will suffice until you graduate and a copy of your diploma can be submitted.) Copies suffice we do not need “official transcripts” ordered from your school. Any copy will suffice.
Letter of intent – use the following guidelines: Address the items below, writing at least two sentences about each topic. Submit this with your application, and feel free to add anything that you think will help us get to know you better. Please write a minimum of one page and a maximum of four.
- Introduce yourself and describe your background.
- What brings you to massage training?
- What is your experience with massage?
- What major life changes will you have to make to take this program?
- Describe your willingness to accept constructive correction.
- What will you do with your training? Where would you like to work?
- What do you hope to get from this training?
- If an INT graduate recommended this program, please mention
A master agreement and insurance form will be mailed to you upon receipt of your fully completed application packet. In the packet will be a master contract, insurance application form for the AMTA, a disclaimer and the Student Policy Handbook which you keep. Return the signed master agreement and signed disclaimer along with your first initial tuition payment by mail to: Institute of Natural Therapies, PO Box 222, Hancock, MI 49930.
Mail your AMTA insurance form and the $45 fee directly to the American Massage Therapy Association only after you are formally accepted to INT.
Failure to respond to such requests by drop date is cause to cancel enrollment.
INT reserves the right to request additional information or documents or decline any application. Failure to respond to such requests by drop date is cause to cancel enrollment